Frequently Asked Questions
Is the KC Air Show doing anything due to COVID-19?
Yes, the KC Air Show is taking steps to address the COVID-19 pandemic and creating a safe environment for our guests. Learn more about this year’s safety protocol: https://www.kcairshow.org/covid-19-air-show-safety-enhancements/
When is the KC Air Show 2020?
Where is the air show?
How do we get there?
For more details on Getting to the KC Air Show 2020, visit our Getting There page that will be updated late January.
Is parking free?
What about accessible parking?
Is there premium parking?
What time does the show start?
Will you publish a show schedule?
Is the show the same both Saturday and Sunday?
Do I need tickets? What tickets are available?
All admissions to the KC Air Show 2020 will require a ticket. Several ticket options and pricing levels are available based on when they are purchased and applicable discounts.
Premium seating options are available for purchase. Full seating options and age requirements for each type of ticket is available on our tickets page at kcairshow.org/tickets.
While day of show tickets may be available, we will have a limited amount of walk up tickets and encourage advance purchase to ensure the day you want to attend is available. Please check our website or social media if planning a day of show ticket purchase.
What’s included with my ticket?
A variety of ticket options are available.
These tickets are available as single-day admission, Saturday, September 05 or Sunday, September 06. They include access to the KC Air Show 2020 and all scheduled performances. You will be able to purchase food, drinks, merchandise and souvenirs from the various KC Air Show 2020 vendors and retailers on-site.
Flight Line Club and Gold Club
These tickets are single-day admission, either Saturday, September 05 or Sunday, September 06, and will gain you admission into the KC Air Show 2020 along with special access to the designated seating area. The Flight Line Club is box seating while the Gold Club includes box seating and access to food and beverage.
Where can I purchase tickets?
Advance tickets can be purchased online from our website or at select Citizen Bank and Trust locations in Missouri and Kansas (General Admission Only no premium or military). Click here for more details. While day of show tickets may be available, we will have a limited amount of walk up tickets and encourage advance purchase to ensure the day you want to attend is available. Please check our website or social media if planning a day of show ticket purchase.
If you wish to purchase tickets over the phone, please call the Etix Phone Center/Customer Service Center.
Hours: Monday – Saturday: 9am to 8pm EST
Sunday: 12pm to 8pm EST
Do you offer any military, senior, or other discounts?
Active duty military with a government-issued ID will receive free admission at the gate.
Veterans with ID (VHIC, VIC, VCC, Veteran’s designation on state-issued driver’s license, etc.) will receive a discounted ticket price at the gate.
Are children free?
Please go to kcairshow.org/tickets for a complete list of tickets and prices. Children 5 & under are FREE for general admission seating. Flight Line Club and Gold Club tickets have specific age requirements.
Do I need to print my tickets?
I can't find my tickets.
Tickets purchased in advance are sent to the email address you entered upon your purchase. You may need to check any junk or spam folders you have just in case. If you need your tickets resent to you, please contact Etix Phone Center/Customer Service Center.
Hours: Monday – Saturday: 9am to 8pm EST
Sunday: 12pm to 8pm EST
What if it rains?
KC Air Show 2020 is a rain or shine event. Ticket is for KC Air Show 2020, not for a specific performer. Unfortunately, there are no refunds, regardless of weather. As the show is rain or shine, performers can adjust their flying to various weather conditions.
Tickets are day specific and can-not be exchanged for another day.
Can I bring my pet?
Will there be shade?
Can I leave to go to my car and come back?
Can I fly in to the KC Air Show 2020?
What am I allowed to bring?
To provide a safer environment for the public and to significantly expedite attendee entry into the air show, the KC Air Show 2020 has adopted a clear bag policy, similar to that of the NFL, which limits the size and type of bag that can be brought into the event. Guests are strongly encouraged not to bring any type of bag though we understand families will be traveling with small children and certain items may be necessary. Those attending the show with clear bags or NO bags will have expedited access to the KC Air Show 2020.
As a reminder, ALL BAGS AND ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AT ANY TIME.
Below is an outline of what is permissible:
• 16” x 16” x 8” or smaller Clear Plastic Bag, with or without a handle or strap
• Bags that do not exceed 16” x 16” x 8” will be allowed to the KC Air Show 2020 after a thorough inspection
• Purses that do not exceed 16″ x 16″ x 8″ will be allowed to the KC Air Show 2020 after a thorough inspection
• Coolers, Large Backpacks or Bags that exceed 16″ x 16″ x 8″ are prohibited
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection
The following items are also allowed:
• Folding or Camping Chairs will be allowed to the KC Air Show 2020 after a thorough inspection
• Wheelchairs and motorized scooters (Note: There is no place to plug in and recharge)
• Small soft-sided coolers for medical purposes or baby items only
• Small, personal umbrellas (Umbrellas are not allowed inside the Premium Seating areas)
• Cameras and Camera Bags will be allowed to the KC Air Show 2020 after a thorough inspection
• Blanket to sit on
• Water Bottle (Factory sealed/unopened 1-liter or smaller bottle, one per person)
ALL BAGS AND ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AT ANY TIME. The KC Air Show 2020 reserves the right to modify this list at any time.
What items are prohibited?
Heightened security policies have been established by the KC Air Show 2020. We would like to remind you that these enhanced security measures are for your safety. We understand that this may be an added inconvenience, however due to the nature of current world events, we feel they are necessary. The following items are prohibited:
• Bags/purses in excess of 16” x 16” x 8” (all bags/purses will be thoroughly inspected)
• Backpacks in excess of 16” x 16” x 8” (all backpacks will be thoroughly inspected)
• Camera bags in excess of 16″ x 16″ x 8″ (all cameras and camera bags will be thoroughly inspected)
• All outside food and beverage (except one factory sealed 1-liter or smaller bottle, per person allowed)
• Weapons/fireworks of any kind (Including all guns and pocket knives, no exceptions)
• Items that could be projectiles
• Banners or flags with sticks in them
• Bullhorns/air-horns/cowbells (or other noise makers deemed by event staff to be unacceptable)
• Lasers or laser pens/pointers
• Hard-sided coolers of any kind
• Anything that can obstruct a fans view
• Wrapped presents and/or gifts of any kind
• Pets or animals not documented as service dogs
• Aerosol cans (i.e. sunscreen, hairspray, mace, etc.)
• Toy guns or toy knives
• Beach balls or other inflatables
• Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (DRONES)
If any of the above items are discovered at our gates, our security staff members will ask that you return these items to your vehicle or be thrown away. Prohibited items will not be stored at the gates or guest services.
ALL BAGS AND ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AT ANY TIME. KC Air Show 2020 reserves the right to modify this list at any time.
Can I bring my drone?
How can I volunteer for the air show?
Is there a Lost and Found?
There will be very strict security before, during, and after the KC Air Show 2020. In the event you become separated from your child please go to the lost and found area, at the First Aid Booth, or ask a volunteer for assistance. For Lost and Found items, the KC Air Show 2020 will have record of all found items approximately 3 days after the event. Email us at email@example.com if you are looking for a Lost & Found item.
Do I need ear protection?
Is it all seating or standing room only?
For general admission, it is standing room as available on the ramp area. You may bring your own lawn/folding chairs or blankets to sit on. Premium seating is available at an increased charge over GA. More information about our seating options can be found by clicking on our tickets page.